Other N26 accounts
N26 Standard is one out of 4 Personal N26 plans. These Personal plans also have their Business plan counterparts. You can read our N26 review to find out more about this digital bank.
Below, we’ll take a quick look at the other N26 accounts available to you so you can see what suits you best.
- N26 Smart: In addition to all the Standard account features, N26 Smart gives you more control over your finances. The Smart account is a premium N26 account, which means you have to pay a monthly subscription to enjoy the extra services it offers.
Some of these services include a colorful Mastercard (you get to choose your color), 5 free ATM withdrawals, and zero transaction fees when you spend abroad.
You also get 10 Spaces sub-accounts, and each account comes with its IBAN (International Bank Account Number.) This enables you to set money aside for different purposes in each bank account to save even better.
- N26 Metal: This is a bank account that makes a statement. It comes with a fancy, unique 18-gram metal card with three color options. This Mastercard is accepted for payments worldwide, so it's not just a decorative piece.
You enjoy 8 free ATM withdrawals in the Eurozone and free payments globally on this plan. This card also covers your travel and lifestyle insurance, so you’re insured in emergencies and delays.
- N26 You: This is a top choice for everyday users and people who enjoy traveling. It comes with a Mastercard designed in 5 colors. You also get 10 sub-accounts with separate IBANs to manage transactions. Alternatively, you can use your Spaces sub-account as a shared savings space for 10 people.
The N26 You plan also comes with different travel and lifestyle insurance plans for your everyday needs.
N26 Standard vs. Smart
Comparing plans like N26 Standard vs. Smart can help you get a suitable plan that works for you. Check out the top features each of the plans has for you:
- A free online account
- A simple, transparent Mastercard
- 100% online banking
- Free payments all over the world in any currency
- 3 free withdrawals in the Eurozone
- A premium online account for a small fee
- A widely accepted colorful Mastercard
- All the benefits of an N26 Standard account
- 5 free withdrawals in the Eurozone
- An optional extra card for more flexibility
- 10 Spaces sub-accounts plus shared spaces
- Round-ups to help you save with every purchase
N26 Standard is a good fit for users who only need a simple digital bank account to make transactions with no added benefit. It also gives you an NFC-enabled debit card to make payments with your N26 Standard card when you need to.
N26 Smart, on the other hand, provides you with a few more premium features than the Standard account. It comes with a fee, but you get more value for your money. If you’re looking for a quick-to-setup digital account as an alternative to a physical bank account, the N26 Standard account is a good option.
However, if you need a bank account that offers more, the N26 Smart is the way to go.